Sunday, September 12, 2004

I am a law-breaker

I went fishing today without a license. Actually, it was tonight. My cousin Tim(my) and I were out on the dock at my grandma's place on the Pend Oreille River. It was dark, but we had flashlights. I was really good. Tim said that the fish liked it when the jig i was using kissed them, and when i picked the jig up out of the water and tossed it in over and over again. I'm not really sure if he liked untangling the line from the pole after i had been doing that, but i guess that's the price one pays for masterful fishing. I caught a sunfish, and he kicked it back into the water. Sunfish are dumb, and they have spines.

2 comments:

Meg said...

I too have a cousin named Tim(my).

Heather said...

Well I have a fishing license I haven't used yet, shamefully. So I'm sure it evens out - some sort of transfer thing. Good job, but whats your attraction to spineless creatures? A sunfish sounds like a happy fish. I like sunfish.